A new year has started, and February is the month in which membership dues should be paid for the current year (see the IAA website for rules and regulations). We ask you to pay your membership dues for 2014 now. If you omitted to pay dues for earlier years please add these to your remittance.
The membership dues are EUR 20 per calendar year. Students with a valid student ID pay EUR 10 per year. As a paid up member of the IAA you receive the following benefits:
– A discount of EUR 20 (EUR 10 for students) on Rencontre entrance fees.
– A discount of around 5% on books bought or ordered from participating publishers during a Rencontre.
How to pay:
Payment can be made by bank transfer or PayPal. Exact information on how to pay can be found on the IAA website under “IAA membership” →”How to Join” → “Application Form”.
Not yet a member?
If you are not already a member of the IAA, we encourage you to join us. The goals of the IAA are:
- To serve as a platform for scholars working in Cuneiform Studies and Near Eastern Archaeology
- To discuss all matters concerning these fields
- To encourage and promote the study of these fields in all their aspects on an international basis
The Association aims to further these goals as follows:
- To support and facilitate the organisation of a regular international congress of Assyriology and Near Eastern Archaeology, known as “Rencontre Assyriologique Internationale”
- To stimulate collaboration between its own members, as well as between them and members in other fields and associations
- For the Association to act as a representative body for the fields of Assyriology and Near Eastern Archaeology in relationship to national, international and private institutions and the general public
- To encourage publications and disseminate information of interest to its members.
These goals are all to be understood in the widest sense of the words and include all that is connected with them or will contribute to them. Anyone with an interest for Assyriology (in its broadest sense) and Archaeology of the Ancient Near East can be admitted as a member of the IAA.
The Association has only ordinary members, who may be individual adults or legally constituted bodies (see the constitution on the IAA website). Only those individuals or legally constituted bodies who support the aims and activities of the Association will be admitted as members.
How to become a member
Please fill out the application form on the website, or send a typed letter of application to the Board. It will also be possible to fill out a form during a Rencontre Assyriologique Internationale, the annual congress of Assyriology and Ancient Near Eastern Archeology. Of course, an applicant can pay for more than one year (the administrative year of the Association coincides with the calendar year). For details about paying, etc., see the application form on the website.